Roger Arce Neves was born in Burnley, Great Britain. He grew up in a circus family and travelled a lot. In 1998 he started his ballet training at the Escuela municipal de danzas Norma Fontela in Mar del Plata, Argentinia. In 2000 he went to the Escola do Teatro Bolshoi no Brasil, before he became a student at the Conservatorio Brasileiro de Dança in Rio de Janeiro in 2007. He graduated in 2010.
He won the First Prize at the FestiDance in São Paulo in 2008 as well as at the Festival de Dança in Rio de Janeiro in 2009.
During his education he became Soloist with Cia Brasileira de Dança from 2008 to 2010. In March and April 2010 he was engaged as Soloist with the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami, USA, from September 2010 until July 2011 as Demi Soloist with the Croatian National Ballet.
In the season 2011/12 he danced as a guest with the Stuttgart Ballet’s Corps de ballet.
Solo Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko): Petrucchio’s servant
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
- No Men’s Land (Edward Clug)
Roles during his further engagements
- Bolero (Maurice Béjart)
- Das Fräulein von S. (Christian Spuck)
- Don Quijote (Maximiliano Guerra)
- Gaîté Parisienne (Maurice Béjart)
- Giselle (after Coralli, Perrot, Petipa)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi)
- La Sylphide (Peter Schaufuss after August Bournonville)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Othello (John Neumeier)
- Romeo and Juliet (John Cranko)
- Swan Lake (John Cranko)
- The Lady and the Fool (John Cranko)
- The Lady of the Camellias (John Neumeier)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)
- 5 Tangos (Hans van Manen)
- Concerto Barroco (George Balanchine)
- The Nutcracker: Prince
- The Magic Flute: Luky
- Don Quixote: Torero
- The Sleeping Beauty (Derek Deane): Blue Bird
- Paquita (Marius Petipa): Prince