Ji Woo Kwon was born in South Korean Seoul. She received her first ballet lessons at the Yewon School in her hometown as of 2006. In 2009 she went to the Seoul Art High School, one year later she came to Stuttgart and attended the John Cranko Schule where she graduated two years later. During her last year at the Academy of the John Cranko Schule she already danced in several production of the Stuttgart Ballet in the Corps de ballet.
She successfully participated in several competitions. She won silver medals at the Tanzolymp 2009 in Berlin as well as at the „40th Dong-A Dance Competition“ 2010 in Korea. In 2009 she also participated at the „Korea World Dance Stars Festival“. At the 38th Prix de Lausanne she reached the semi finale.
In the season 2012/13 Ji Woo Kwon became an apprentice with the Stuttgart Ballet.
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- Don Quijote (Maximiliano Guerra)
- Gaîté Parisienne (Maurice Béjart)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi)
- La Sylphide (Peter Schaufuss nach August Bournonville)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Romeo and Juliet (John Cranko)
- The Lady and the Fool (John Cranko)
- The Carneval of the Animals (Demis Volpi)