Ruiqi Yang was born in northern Chinese Harbin. In 2003 she started her ballet training at the Shanghai Dance School. In 2010 she went to the John Cranko Schule in Stuttgart to continue her training. In 2012 she graduated. During her last year at the Academy of the John Cranko Schule she already danced in several production of the Stuttgart Ballet in the Corps de ballet.
She successfully participated in several competitions. In 2008 she was a finalist at the „Beijing International Ballet Competition“, as well as in the following year at the „Tao Li bei Ballet Competition“. A first prize in the group she won at the „Hehuabei Competition“ in 2010. At the „Prix de Lausanne“ she also reached the finales in 2009 and 2010, with her second participation she won a scholarship fort he John Cranko Schule in Stuttgart.
In the season 2012/13 Ruiqi Yang became an apprentice with the Stuttgart Ballet.
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- Don Quijote (Maximiliano Guerra)
- Gaîté Parisienne (Maurice Béjart)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi)
- La Sylphide (Peter Schaufuss after August Bournonville)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Romeo and Juliet (John Cranko)
- Swan Lake (John Cranko)
- The Four Temperaments (George Balanchine)
- The Lady and the Fool (John Cranko)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)
Specially created Roles at Noverre-Society: Young Choreographers
- The Carneval of the Animals (Demis Volpi)