Alexander Mc Gowan was born in Austin, Texas, USA. He received his ballet education at different ballet schools: at the school of the Ballet Austin (2000 until 2006), at the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet (2006 until 2009), the Orlando Ballet School (2009 until 2010) and at the John Cranko Schule Stuttgart, where he graduated in 2010. During his time at the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet Laszlo Berdo created La Rue on Alexander Mc Gowan.
He successfully participated in several competitions. At the Youth American Grand Prix in Jahr 2010 he received scholarships for the John Cranko Schule, the Académie de Danse Classique Princesse Grace in Monte Carlo as well as for the ballet school of the National Ballet of Canada. At the World Ballet Competition the same year he won the bronze medal.
In the season 2012/13 Alexander Mc Gowan became an apprentice with the Stuttgart Ballet, one season later he was taken into the Corps de ballet.
Solo Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- Krabat (Demis Volpi): Lobosch
- On Velvet (Marco Goecke)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko): Hortensio
- workwithinwork (William Forsythe)
Specially created Roles at Noverre-Society: Young Choreographers
- Dancer in the Dark (Marco Goecke/Louis Stiens)
- La Rue (Laszlo Berdo)
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
- Are you as big as me? (Roman Novitzky)
- Bolero (Maurice Béjart)
- Don Quijote (Maximiliano Guerra)
- Gaîté Parisienne (Maurice Béjart)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Othello (John Neumeier)
- Romeo and Juliet (John Cranko)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)