Adam Russell-Jones was born in Torquay, Devon, Great Britain, and grew up in Cardiff. In 2004 he received his first ballet lessons at the Moya Vahey Schol of Russian Ballet. From 2007 to 2011 he attended the Elmhurst School for Dance, then he went to the English National Ballet School. In 2012 he became a student at the Royal Ballet School London where he graduated in 2014. During his time at the Royal Ballet School he already danced in several productions of the Royal Ballet in the Corps de ballet.
He successfully participated in several competitions. At the competition Young British Dancer of the year 2012 he became a finalist. One year later he won the Ballet Association Award 2013, in 2014 he was awarded the Dame Ninette De Valois Award for outstanding graduate.
In the season 2014/15 Adam Russell-Jones became a Corps de ballet member of the Stuttgart Ballet.
Leading Roles and Solo Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- A Streetcar named Desire (John Neumeier): Allan’s friend
- Forgotten Land (Jiří Kylián)
- Initiales R.B.M.E. (John Cranko): E.
- Le Chant du Rossignol (Marco Goecke)
- Le Spectre de la Rose (Marco Goecke)
- The Second Detail (William Forsythe)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Marcia Haydée after Marius Petipa): Puss in Boots, Companion of the Fairy, Blue Bird
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
- Firebird (Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui)
- Lucid Dream (Marco Goecke)
Corps de ballet-Rollen as student of the Royal Ballet School
- A Streetcar named Desire (John Neumeier)
- Concerto for Flute and Harp (John Cranko)
- Initials R.B.M.E. (John Cranko)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Requiem (Kenneth MacMillan)
- Seventh Symphony (Uwe Scholz)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Marcia Haydée after Marius Petipa)
- The Song of the Earth (Kenneth MacMillan)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)
- The Rite of Spring
- The Nutcracker