Aiara Iturrioz Rico was born in Vitoria-Gastecz in Spanish Basque country. She started her ballet training at the Conservatoria Municipal de danza José-Uruñuela in her hometown in 2003. In 2010 she went to Stuttgart to continue her training at the John Cranko Schule where she graduated in 2012. During her last year at the Academy of the John Cranko Schule she already danced in several production of the Stuttgart Ballet in the Corps de ballet.
She successfully pasticipated in several competitions. In 2007 she won the first prize at the „Concurse Internacional Bilbao para Jóvenes Bailarines“. At the „Concurso Internacional de Danza Ciudad de Torrelavega“ in 2010 she also won the first prize.
In the season 2012/13 Aiara Iturrioz Rico became an apprentice with the Stuttgart Ballet, one season later she was taken into the Corps de ballet.
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- Don Quijote (Maximiliano Guerra)
- Gaîté Parisienne (Maurice Béjart)
- Giselle (after Coralli, Perrot, Petipa)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi)
- La Sylphide (Peter Schaufuss after August Bournonville)
- Le Sacre du Printemps (Glen Tetley)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Romeo and Juliet (John Cranko)
- Swan Lake (John Cranko)
- The Four Temperaments (George Balanchine)
- The Lady and the Fool (John Cranko)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)
- The Carneval of the Animals (Demis Volpi)