Paula Rezende was born in Vila Velha, Brazil and received her first ballet classes at the Escola Dançar in 2001. Later she went to the Ballet School of the Balé da Ilha in her home town before she came to the John Cranko Schule in Stuttgart in 2010 where she graduated in 2013. During her time at the Academy of the John Cranko Schule she already danced in several productions of the Stuttgart Ballet in the Corps de ballet.
She successfully participated in several competitions. In 2008 she received the first prize a.o. at the Passo de Arte in Minas Gerais, Brazil. She also won first prizes at the Brazilian Regionals of the Youth American Grand Prix in 2009 as well as at the Festival Internacional de Dança de Joinville 2010.
In the season 2013/14 Paula Rezende became an apprentice with the Stuttgart Ballet.
Solo Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
- Othello (John Neumeier): one of the Primaveras
Specially created Roles
- Don Quijote (Maximiliano Guerra)
- La Sylphide (Peter Schaufuss after August Bournonville)
- Swan Lake (John Cranko)
- The Lady of the Camellias (John Neumeier)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)
- The Carnival of the Animals (Demis Volpi)