Martí Fernández Paixà was born in Reus, Catalonia, Spain and grew up in Montbrió del Camp. At the age of 4 he received his first ballet lessons at the Escola de Dança i Musica de Montbrió del Camp. From 2008 to 2011 he attended a private ballet school in his hometown, before he came to the John Cranko Schule in Stuttgart where she graduated in 2014. During his time at the Academy of the John Cranko Schule he already danced in several productions of the Stuttgart Ballet in the Corps de ballet.
He successfully participated in several competitions. At the Tanzolymp Berlin in February 2011 he won scholarships for the John Cranko Schule Stuttgart and for the Heinz Bosl Stiftung Munich. He also took part in the International Competition Rosetta Mauri in May 2011. In June 2011he won the second prize in the highest level at the International Dance Competition in Ribarroja (Valencia).
In the season 2014/15 Martí Fernández Paixà became an apprentice with the Stuttgart Ballet. In 2016 he was promoted to Demi Soloist.
Solo Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
Specially created Roles
- A Streetcar named Desire (John Neumeier): Allan Gray, Allan’s friend, paperboy, Doctor
- Forgotten Land (Jiří Kylián)
- Initials R.B.M.E. (John Cranko): solo role in E.
- Kammerballett (Hans van Manen)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi): Tonda
- Le Chant du Rossignol (Marco Goecke)
- Lucid Dream (Marco Goecke)
- Romeo and Juliet (John Cranko): Benvolio
- Ssss... (Edward Clug)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Marcia Haydée): Prince of the South, Companion of the Fairy, Ali Baba
- The Song of the Earth (Kenneth MacMillan): solo role
Corps de ballet Roles with the Stuttgart Ballet
- The Soldier’s Tale (Demis Volpi): The Soldier
- Neurons (Katarzyna Kozielska)
- Salome (Demis Volpi): The young Syrian
- A Streetcar named Desire (John Neumeier)
- Concerto for Flute and Harp (John Cranko)
- Giselle (nach Coralli, Perrot, Petipa)
- Initials R.B.M.E. (John Cranko)
- Krabat (Demis Volpi)
- Leonce and Lena (Christian Spuck)
- No Men’s Land (Edward Clug)
- Onegin (John Cranko)
- Requiem (Kenneth MacMillan)
- Seventh Symphony (Uwe Scholz)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Marcia Haydée after Marius Petipa)
- The Song of the Earth (Kenneth MacMillan)
- The Taming of the Shrew (John Cranko)